Thursday, August 21, 2008

JJ Coming In for a Landing!


How exciting to have a Romancing the Hood blog. :D We have been together as a group for several years and I've loved every minute of it. It's great when writers bond, sharing their hopes and dreams, their accomplishments and sorrows, their love for writing and their digging in for the long road ahead that leads to success. How FANTASTIC to see the word AUTHOR in front of many Hood names already!


We sure had a crazy start. In fact, we were having sooooo much fun bonding on the Harlequin Writing Round Robins that I think they kicked us out of there. LOL What fun we had writing spoofs to the writing contests while waiting to hear who the winner was of a particular chapter. I FINALLY won a DESIRE contest when talented Yvonne Lindsay was the guest author. Before that contest, it was Rocki St. Claire, a MAGNETIC author, who believed in us and harnessed our wild energy to form the Hoods. Here we are, still going strong.

I have two areas in publication that interest me. The inspirational side of me has already taken hold, but here with the Hoods, I will develop my fiction writing. Couldn't IMAGINE life without it.

A wild wave to everyone! And Marilyn, this blog ROCKS!!!


Hugs, JJ

4 comments:

Lee Morrison said...

Hi JJ,

We all sure have come a long way together. Those RR days with all of us were fun.

Your photo is beautiful!

Hugs,
Lee

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Thank you, Lee. We SURE have had our fun, haven't we. It helps balance out all the hard work. :D


Glad you enjoyed the photo. :D

Big Hugs, JJ

Donna Michaels said...

Hi, JJ!

Breathtaking photo, as always, hun! We had so many great times at the RR and met a lot of giving, and talented Harlequin authors.

I still smile over the fact you won a Desire RR and I won a Historical RR. They were our toughest challenges. hehe Goes to show it pays to take chances.

A big WHOOT on your inspirational photography career!!! I'm so eager to get my hands on your work!! And I just know you've got plenty of novels in you the world would love to read.:)

Keep up the great work!

~Donna Michaels

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Thanks, Donna. It does show you we should take chances. Thought I would DIE writing a historical WRR, but lived through it. You NAILED that HISTORICAL with a winning chapter. I have not written about pirates since then. Have you?

I am excited about my photography career and have my hands full trying to snap photos and write too. :D It's a fulfilling time.

Glad you enjoyed the lake scene.

I hope other writers join us and let us know what they have accomplished and what they are doing. :D

Hugs, JJ