Thursday, September 4, 2008

I feel like a...


...slug. A garden variety slug.
I know I should be writing, but I can't get excited about it. I can't even make myself read.
All I've done for 2 days is flop on the couch and watch cable TV. I've seen two fascinating shows about Alcatraz, which were even more interesting since I was just there a month ago. I caught up on some re-runs of Law and Order: SVU, but the US Open tennis tournament is messing up the current SVU showings.
The one bright spot in life is that I'm going to visit my granddaughter on Saturday. I haven't seen her since Father's Day, and at two years old, they change so quickly. I understand she's talking much more, so she and Grammy are going to have a great time chatting. And I hit the Labor Day sales and bought her five new winter outfits. They're just everyday clothes she can wear to daycare. I sure do love shopping in the girl's department after having raised two boys.
Got plans for the weekend? Any ideas for ending my slugfest?

3 comments:

Mischievous Anne said...

IMHO -- slug away!
You're re-charging your creative juices.

Anne :-)

Lee Morrison said...

Mar, I think you gave me the slug virus. I'm heading for the couch.

:)

Layne | Jaggy Jam said...

Eww,if you look anything like the slug in the photo, perhaps rehydration would help? LOL