Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ah, Autumn!



Autumn is a great time for reflection and a time to set new goals. The summer whizzed by and I was caught up with my photography, leaving my ms to gather dust while awaiting edits. In a way it's good the story has had down time because I'll read it now with new eyes and see where my mistakes are with more clarity.

It's funny how you get caught up with writing fiction and a mistake could bite you on the nose and you wouldn't see it. The mind reads what it wants to see. Sometimes it takes a second and third reading to catch all the errors. I hope my menopausal condition isn't playing with me. :D

My goal is to have my edits done by December on my ms entitled SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE and to start the submission process by the first of the year. I'm not happy with that title but it's the theme that runs through my ms and it kept me focused on the plotting every time I thought of it.

What are you working on? How is it going?

Hugs, JJ/aka Nancy

3 comments:

Marilyn Puett said...

I am going through literally years of notes and pieces of scrap paper regarding a book I started writing literally years ago. My goal is to be ready to start writing on it again on November 1st as part of NaNoWriMo.

Meantime, I'm also working on a workshop proposal for next year's RWA national conference. And I also want to work this same thing up to teach it as an online workshop through my RWA chapter.

Meanwhile, today was not good. We had a weather system move through and the barometric pressure changed. When that happens, I get pressure headaches. It's easing up now, but I've spent most of today on the couch sipping tea and having a hot compress on my forehead.

Off now to watch Survivor!

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Marilyn, I know you have something special coming up on both accounts. :D Your writing captivates me and always has.

I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs, JJ/Nancy

Elksong said...

Hello! Just wanted to say I've enjoyed what I've read of your blog so far, in large part because I was born in Detroit and spent much of my childhood on camping trips to the Porcupine Mts., Taquamenon Falls and our family's cabin in the Pigeon River Nat'l Forest. My husband and I spent our honeymoon camping in the Copper Harbor area in the UP. Your writing/pics definitely bring back some pleasant memories!
And thanks for your comment on my jewelry/blog!